Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
3D printers revisited...
Apr 9, 2013

I just finished watching this 24 minute documentary about 3D printers. It was quite interesting. According to New York Times writer in the video, 3D printer will be like a microwave that every house will have it printing their own plates, cups, guns etc...

"Click, Print, Gun: The Inside Story of the 3D-Printed Gun Movement"

"Being a 3D-printing novice, I was once somewhat skeptical of the promise behind what's being billed as a truly game-changing technology. I saw Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis on the cover of Wired in late September, and while the novelty of the process incited wonder in my inner 10-year-old, I didn’t think much about it after the fact.

Enter Cody R. Wilson. Wilson is a 25-year-old University of Texas law student working to build semiautomatic weapons using 3D printers. His name first came up in conversation with a colleague after Wilson posted an Indiegogo pitch video demonstrating his intended use for a newly-acquired Stratasys 3D printer, which Stratasys subsequently repossessed.

Read more: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/click-print-gun-the-inside-story-of-the-3d-printed-gun-movement-video#ixzz2Pv5hQdgI

Cody created this 3D search engine site without censorship at http://www.defcad.com. I agree what Cody's friend said "Firearms are so demonized as something is going to hurt somebody but what firearm really is a tool and it depends how are you going to utilize it. And you cannot really ban something based upon on the individuals intent..." And with all the gun control debates going right now, ATF just approved Cody's license to sell firearms...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow