Does anyone care about moire?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,979Gear list
Like?
Re: How much resolution is ENOUGH or TOO MUCH?
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Apr 9, 2013

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

What monitor are you using?  I can see a clear difference between this D7100 pic and any lower model with no problem:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51747496@N08/8622476134/sizes/o/in/photostream/

See how you can read all the fine print all the way to the end on the "Proportional Scale"  without hitting control plus?

You'd never see this difference in a resolution that would -fit- full screen on 99% of the monitors made. Again looking at images blown up to unrealistic sizes, pixel peeping at 100% or viewing huge prints (or a computer screen) from inches anyway isn't my goal in photography. If it is, by all means you need to upgrade every cycle to be pleased with the newest gears results.

I shoot to create a pleasing portrait or nice landscape in an 8X10 print so the lack of an AA filter or going to a resolution 2X what a printer can print isn't buying me anything I, or that most people I would image, actually need.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow