Does anyone care about moire?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,990Gear list
Like?
Re: You're so transparent Stacey...
In reply to JimPearce, Apr 8, 2013

JimPearce wrote:

Wildlife photographers buy the D7100 for the autofocus capability and want the resolution as much for reach as for large prints

Then they would likely see an improvement.

What I see is people here saying things along the lines of "Everyone will see a marked improvement from this upgrade and need this extra resolution" "It crushes the IQ of the D7000 or any other aps camera" etc when for many people, it's simply not true. If I'm not seeing this huge difference between a 5MP and a 16MP in my use, would another 8MP over 16MP somehow now show up in my prints? I doubt it.

If I shot BIF or other types of wildlife, it might be an upgrade. If I was having issues with the AF on the D7000 being up to the task, it would probably be an improvement. For what I shoot and my output it isn't worth buying.

On this whole lack of AA filter, I still believe the output that most people have, having an AA filter isn't going to negatively impact their images. From what I've read, only under VERY specific conditions can the 800E reap the extra resolution it's technically capable of and can't imagine these same conditions don't apply to APS sensor cameras.

http://www.mattk.com/2012/10/02/my-nikon-d800-vs-d800e-comparison/

Another person summarized it better than I can "If you want great pictures, get the regular D800. If you're a pixel-counting nut who spends more time looking at your photos at 100% on a computer screen than seeing your work in print or on gallery walls, get the D800E."

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow