Senior MemberPosts: 1,131Gear list
Like?
Re: Gitzo Monopod GM5561T vs GM5541
In reply to afoton, Apr 8, 2013

afoton wrote:

Frozencpu wrote:

GM5561T

Max Height 61.2"

I don't know how long you are, but 61.2" is just too short for me. I can use a short tripod, but using a too short monopod is a real pain.

Those extra sections that has to be unlocked and locked, make it slower to work with. How much of an issue it is, is depending of how you are working. If you unfold the monopod and use it for a longer periode before you fold it and go home, those extra seconds of unlocking and locking of sections is of no issue. But if you unfold it, take few picture and fold it again, and do this many times, you will like the few sections. But in the latter case, you probably also will like the shorter folded length. I prefer the fewer sections.

Agree w. Afoton: Too many sections slows setup time.  Have the later, and use it for over 95% of my shots.  Have both the long spike & 80 mm big foot.  Very stable, but 1 sec shutter times start becoming hit or miss.

nkistrup's gear list:nkistrup's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow