To go full frame or not?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
tn1krr
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Re: FF in a period of rapid change.
In reply to Mike Fewster, Apr 8, 2013

Mike Fewster wrote:

I'd wait a year before committing to a new FF system. Sony is clearly testing the waters for FF and large sensor developments. Nex ff?

This is the road I have taken. I'm a pixel peeper so D800 was talking to me, but there are other considerations than Nex size that has kept me from going there. I like the EVF and Sony live view/magnification/focus peeking are IMO more useful (at least for me) than OVF. Even Nikon's new 7100 supposedly have quite flaved live view. So throwing D800 level $$$ to a big and heavy camera that does not have all the things I love with my Nex is a nono.

I have a Speedbooster for my Nex-6 and since the high pixel count FF is going to need quality lenses to make ful benefit anyway I'll propably pick up a Nikon mount 50 mm Zeiss Macro planar; this is a lens I can use now with the Speedbooster (Lloyd Chambers tested this as about the best lens there is to use with the SB) through the Nikon to EF adapter, quite sure I'm able to adapt it to FF Nex when/if it comes, I can use it if I commit to Nikon FF at some point and I can use it even if Canon comes up with something amazing for EF mount.

Nex-7N is supposedly around the corner; gonna use one to keep me occupied while the FF future is more clear.

tn1krr's gear list:tn1krr's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow