ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Louno
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Good buy? SMC Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 + Vivitar 28-200mm f3.5-5.3
Apr 8, 2013

Hi guys,

I have a nex-3n, this is my first mirrorless or slr type camera ( always been using point & shoot before)  and I wanted to have a good sharp, fast 50mm with nice creamy smooth bokeh, for shooting food mainly, but also other stuff.

I have the possibility to get these lenses together for 70$, or get only the 50mm for 40$, this is local so no shipping/taxes. I haven't checked their condition yet but they are supposed to be in good shape.

I am a total noob and although I did get a LOT of feedback on my previous thread where I asked for recommendation, it is all a bit (extremely) overwhelming... many of the lenses that were recommended were said to be available at 25-35$ but when looking around on ebay a lot of them were more like 50-75$ plus 10 to 30$ of shipping, so, I started looking locally, and obviously the selection is more limited...

I see a lot of info on the pentax-M 50mm but not a lot on the A version, are they any good?

The Vivitar 28-200mm f3.5-5.3 Macro Focusing Zoom I wasn't planning to buy originally as I was more interested in a very fast 50mm prime, but at this price I think it might be worth it just for fun, i know it will be completely unbalanced on the tiny nex3n, but it's in the same mount type so that saves me the purchase of another adaptor...

The disadvantage of these is that they use the pentax-K mount so, it adds a lot of thickness to the lenses... not sure this would be the best solution, but again, it seems to be worth it for the price... or am I wrong? should I be looking at something else or spend more?

Sony Alpha NEX-3N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow