Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phill104
Senior MemberPosts: 1,404
Like?
Hides/ Camo etc - What works?
Apr 8, 2013

After getting hooked on this wildlife stuff I find myself wanting to get closer. Currently  am often squeezed in some small places trying to keep as still as possible but it is obvious that some of the critters know you are there so keep their distance.

So what are the best options for staying hidden without looking like too much of a tit? I have seen those chair hides but at 5kg carrying them around along with the rucksack could be awkward for any distance but I have yet to see one in the flesh to know. Not sure if they would be any good on sloping banks by rivers etc. Last ting I want to do is lean forward on an unstable chair and end up in the drink.

Then there are the throw over hides. Nice and light, easy to carry but not sure if they work well. I can see they are not as comfortable and also they look a bit restrictive inside. Moving around would they actually be better than just wearing camo clothing? Is the material noisy and am I just going to spend ages fannying around inside making a kerfuffle everytime I try and move or put the camera down etc?

Wearing camo clothing in the summer would probably be too warm, plus I would look too much of a twitcher in them.

What other options are there?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow