Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400
In reply to jfriend00, Apr 8, 2013

jfriend00 wrote:

thomas2279f wrote:

Same as D800 - CF & SD (for upgraders).... XQD hasn't been adopted by anyone else and only on one camera D4.      Nikon should have rolled this out on the D800, D600 and if Sony was serious in this format should have been on the A99.

Think the XQD go like the Betamax and mini-disk format into oblivion...

Too early to say about XQD.  It has some significant speed advantages for cameras that go fast.  My guess is that we haven't seen it in any other cameras yet because Nikon hasn't shipped any speed cameras other than the D4 in the last 3 years.  A D400, D700x, D750, D800h, D4x would all be interesting candidates for it.  So, I think it's still too early to tell.

-- hide signature --

Comparing prices of XQD and CF we must compare fastest CF (and SD too) which are not cheap anyway.

Thanks Sony, XQD intervention alone lowered price of superfast cards for all formats.  I don't fully understand technology details behind XQD but suppose that it got assets for gygabyte speed per s. _continuous_ write. (something comparing SATA and SAS storage devices, identical in nature but different under heavy loads)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow