New to Fuji, not sure about the X20

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
DebraR
Contributing MemberPosts: 858
Like?
Re: New to Fuji, not sure about the X20
In reply to wymjym, Apr 8, 2013

wj,

Where did you see the kit at that price?  Can't seem to find anything close.  Couldn't quite understand what you would sell and what lens would be the one that stayed on the camera.  Curious but still leaning towards a fixed lens truly pocketable camera when I dont want the weight of the D700.

wymjym wrote:

I do understand, really........... but given that <10 days ago the V1-two lens kit- could be purchased for 399usd and I saw the new 10-100 for 399 as well...my thinking was one could sell off the two lens that came with kit for ~200usd and have a total of 600 in a V1 with 10-100 (27-270). Never to buy other lenses for it and since the OP is a nikon owner...maybe get the FT1 someday, that allows the use of the nikon glass she currently owns.

The focus speed is good, the shot to shot time is good, the buffer is great, the 30-110 lens would make a great concert lens especially since the lcd can be turned off....and if the kits lenses were sold I think the over 27~270 range would fill most needs.

I know that if the proposed 24-135 was currently available I wouldn't be looking at any other semi-P&S cameras.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

-- hide signature --

Debra
Nikon D700, D300, Hexar AF, D70, N90 Oly C-5050 and an UZI!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow