Which Sony Nex camera is best for a busy Mum?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
APhotoNovice
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Which Sony Nex camera is best for a busy Mum?
Apr 8, 2013

Hi

My faithful P&S camera (Ricoh) has died on me and as a busy Mum chasing after 2 little 'uns, carrying my (Nikon D40) DSLR around is just not practical - too bulky and no video.... looking at reviews and doing a bit of online research, the Sony Nex cameras have great press and appear to take excellent photos and videos...  but, which one to choose??  I'm looking for a good all rounder really, something that will take DSLR quality pics but is small enough and easy enough to use on the go with little 'uns... indoor and outdoor shots.  I'm a real novice when it comes to photography and have little time to fiddle with the controls much at the moment, but hopefully will be able to explore the camera more as the kids get a little bigger.   I'm currently thinking the NEX 5R is 'the one', but perhaps I'm missing something... this is my first look at the mirrorless cameras and it seems to fit my wish list reasonably well.

Do you think NEX 5R would suit my purposes or would another NEX camera (or other for that matter) be better?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

C

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow