ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
littlegreen
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Radio triggers with 2 Nikon Sb 700 flashes
Apr 8, 2013

Hi there,

I'm having problems with what I hoped would be a simple enough setup. I have a Nikon D90, two SB700 flashes and 4 Bowens Pulsar Radio Triggers (http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/product/bowens_pulsar_radio_trigger/bw5150).

I have used the flashes successfully with the CLS system but due to problem with the flashes being out of line of sight and using modifiers, I thought I would use the radio triggers.

I have connected the flashes to the transmitters with a hot shoe connection, but do the flashes need to be put on a different setting as I just have them on remote.

I've tried different channels, manual and ttl, are there any settings I need to change on my camera?

The radio triggers that I bought were second hand, and I have tested them on my Bowens lights and they seem to work fine but there was no manual so I'm not sure I'm using them correctly.

Any help would be appreciated, I tend to overlook the obvious so maybe someone could break it down into steps as to how everything should be set up for this?

Thanks,

Sarah

littlegreen's gear list:littlegreen's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow