Macro Focus Stacking

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,364
Like?
Re: Macro Focus Stacking
In reply to John4, Apr 8, 2013

John4 wrote:

I've recently been toying with doing the same thing.  However it seems as if there is another factor which should be considered.  As you change the focus, you are also changing the magnification.

Is this a real problem or only an imagined one?  Do Helicon or CS6 correct for this?

I've mostly used ZereneStacker, but have also used CS6, and Helicon Focus. Zerene is better at eliminating problems than CS6. I haven't used Helicon enough to evaluate it.

Yes, software deals with the magnification change.

For macro, the best way to change focus is to keep the lens to subject distance fixed and move the camera body. This can only be done with bellows.

Second best is to keep the camera at the same focus and move the camera to subject distance.

Changing lens focus is good for more distant subjects, however, it will work with macro.

ZereneStacker, D800E, Nikon 70-180mm Micro @ 85mm

Rutilated Quarts gemstone

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow