canon 60D 15 85mm lens or Nikon D7100 ?

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Stephan Def
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: canon 60D 15 85mm lens or Nikon D7100 ?
In reply to venkyhsr, Apr 8, 2013

venkyhsr wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a camera since long and saving up some money around 1200 EURs, I am a beginner used canon 600D earlier (and gave it to my bro since he needs more than me )  but I wanted to develop a strong passion towards photography (you guys mesmerized me with your amazing creative photographic skills, hats off to it!! ) and believe these both are extremely awesome devices and d7100 with more garnishing features.

Can you suggest which one to choose for, canon 60D + 15-85mms lens or Nikon D7100 + 18-105mm VR Lens ? I mostly use it for photos, and sometimes videos, but if i go for d7100 can't afford for extra lens in near future, as I do understand lens are most important than the body am not expert though...

Thanks in advance for your time and valuable suggestions.

-V

Just my 2 cents worth: given that you already have experience with Canon and your brother is shooting Canon too, and because the Canon 60D can be had for currently 621€ on an Amazon warehouse deal and you appear to be on a budget,  then it looks like  a no-brainer decision to me --> get the Canon 60D and the lens you want and be happy

Although a bit dated, the Canon 60D is a very fine Camera and you will be very happy with it, and currently its very cheap.

I agree with mosswings, you should also budget some accessories like a storage card, and a good camera bag to protect your gear. Maybe Lightroom, you can download and use the trial version for starters.

Have a long and happy hobby

Stephan Def's gear list:Stephan Def's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow