String
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358Gear list
Like?
Re: inane prattle
In reply to Gregm61, Apr 8, 2013

Gregm61 wrote:

James Pilcher wrote:

In a current large thread, one of our own wrote this:

"Big aperture lenses for m4/3 are not really needed because of improvement in sensitivity - and IBIS in Oly. [S]o again, a form of snobbishness."

[insert expletive here] By his measure, the Nikkor 200mm f/2 VR is not really needed on Nikon's ultra-sensitive DSLR bodies. Put that VR in a 200mm f/6.3 and that's all those Nikon folks really need. Own anything faster and they are snobs.

How many of you are now going to toss your f/2 and faster "snob" lenses? Apparently you don't really need them.

If I'm right on the post you are referring to, the better route is just ignoring the OP of that thread altogether and forgoing the resulting insults that always follow if you happen to respond in any fashion to any post of his...that thread or any other, where he might deem your response to not be in 100% agreement.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Agreed and lesson learned. I've read some rather ignorant responses over the years but the OP of that thread is actually the first person that I've added to "ignore".

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow