Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DoctorJerry
Regular MemberPosts: 396Gear list
Like?
Why I did not buy the SX50
Apr 8, 2013

For those of you who may be thinking about getting the SX 50, check out my comparison of 11 super zoom cameras under the Panasonic camera forum. To summarize, the awful EVF and the very slow, slowest in this class of cameras lens drove me away from the SX50. I have always bought and loved my Canon cameras but the time to change was obvious. Also the lack of a sweep panorama mode also swung me away from the SX50. The constant f2.8 lens on the Panasonic FZ200 even though it only zooms out half that of the SX50 was great. It means that I can shoot at ISO 400 at f2.8 while most of the other cameras have to shoot at ISO 3200 at f5.6-f6.3. Compare the results and you can see what that means. It also means I can shoot at far higher shutter speeds so I get far less blurr in my images.

DoctorJerry--
Someone has to tell the emperor that he has no clothes

DoctorJerry's gear list:DoctorJerry's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow