Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RMaestas
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Sony RX1 New Owner
Apr 8, 2013

After months of mind numbing research, pixel peeping users RX1 samples and trying to justify the price of this camera I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the RX1.   Purchase price from Best Buy was $2599 out the door and $50.00 in reward zone points which brought my purchase of the RX1 down to $2549.00.  I will recieve the camera on Thursday and am very excited.  Best Buy also provided me with a 30 day full refund just in case the camera does not meet my needs.

From all the reviews (positive and negative) from professional photographers and enthusiasts I felt this camera is truly an engineering marvel and the beautiful Carl Zeiss Sonnar fixed lens will fit my needs.   Every camera I ever purchased and thought about purchasing no matter the cost always had postivies and negatives associated with it and the RX1 is no exception.  When you look at cost yes this camera is very expensive and has some quirks but every other DSLR camera and lens I reviewed had it's issues as well.  I thought I could wait for a year or two for newer cameras to come out with the same, similar or better specs at a lower cost (maybe) but today I figured I am not getting any younger and I am going to enjoy this camera today and for years to come and not look back.  The beautiful photographs I get from the RX1 over the course of the next year or two waiting for the next big thing to come out may well be never captured again and that is my justification.  One thing all reviewers and enthusiasts did say was "there is no denying it the RX1 is capable of taking stunning photographs."

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow