Does the newly announced D800 firmware work for you?

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,763
Like?
AF-C seems to work a little better after the update
In reply to LA_CAMGUY, Apr 8, 2013

LA_CAMGUY wrote:

What do you think? Enough? Not enough? More needed?

I am mainly using my D800E for landscape work so 99% of the time is tripod, Live-View Manual focus, so in this regard the FW does nothing for me, however, since I heard people claiming the FW makes a big improvement on AF-C performance, and I had a few hours free time yesterday so I decided to go play with that FW with my 70-200 yesterday chasing some humming birds and it seems to work a little better, coming from 1D and D3 series bodies, AF-C on D800E is not something I would brag about, in fact I hardly touch that camera when I go shoot anything that moves, and after the FW update it seems to work quite a bit better now, mainly with the 51 points, I did switch to one single center point only and I didn't notice any difference at all, the center point on the D800E in AF-C mode was never bad to start with in my opinion, so not sure how much improvement it can be with the new FW, but that's only my 3 hours of real world shooting experience with the new FW in AF-C mode.

Some people claimed the new FW also makes improvement in LV zoom in display, I tried it last night shooting night shot out there and I didn't seems to find it any better, may be in fact is a little bit better, I can't really tell for sure as I don't have one with one without FW update to compare with, all I can tell is it is still a joke when compare to any Canon LV,  which two of my friends were using side by side with me last night, so is it useable? yes, is it nice, NO.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow