A99 viewfinder - please help

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Febs
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 viewfinder - please help
In reply to Domenick Creaco, Apr 8, 2013

Domenick Creaco wrote:

I believe the problem is that the pupil of the eye opens and closes with darker and brighter light. I too noticed this problem when I bought my son an A65. I compared my A900 with the A65 in bright light and saw the problem. The A900 was just fine while the A65 was dark in the viewfinder. I wouldn't say it is a problem with the EVF but it seems the EVF does not have enough brightness to compensate for the closing of the eye pupil in bright conditions. The eye is like an automatic f/stop responding to ambient brightness while the EVF has a fixed maximum brightness and cannot get bright enough to compensate for the closing of the pupil in bright light.

I addressed this question to a few Sony Reps at PhotoExpo and at PMA but never got a satisfactory response. I think it is a mother nature problem. That is why I am reticent in purchasing an A99 as much as I like the features on this camera. can anyone verify my assumptions?
Domenick Creaco

Domenico, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. Thank you for your post.

Febs's gear list:Febs's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow