Fuji X100s or Sony Nex 6 pz 16-50

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
J Yohan
Regular MemberPosts: 124Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X100s or Sony Nex 6 pz 16-50
In reply to sergio2560, Apr 8, 2013

sergio2560 wrote:

At the end have arrived to select these two alernative regarding the portability and image quality. both are cameras that allow control over shooting parameters fairly complete. the dilemma is: give up the possibility of having a zoom lens for a more pocket-sized machine with OOC colors that satisfy me more, or choose the option that allows me in the future to expand the range of lenses for new photographic situations? (at the time I take photographs while traveling and to my family, so very disparate situations).

For me the important thing is to have a camera ready for use, which is not wrong focus, allows me to easily adjust shutter speed and aperture and produces good quality images.

Two questions come to mind...

- Do you shoot RAW or JPEG? If RAW, pick either.

- Do you need a zoom and want different lenses or does a prime work for you? you know where this is going...

X100s is a camera that I wanted to love. So far it hasn't been a love at first sight. There's definitely something different to its images that I like. But low light autofocus performance is disappointing. And focus peaking could be better.

NEX 7 + CZ 24mm has been a dependable machine for while. People can say what they want about NEX AF.. I find my NEX combo autofocuses better than the X100s in many situations including low light. Using DMF and focus peaking on will help you confirm what the camera is focusing on.

We're lucky to have so many choices these days.

J Yohan's gear list:J Yohan's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow