Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
nicknd99
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: New to Fuji, not sure about the X20
In reply to Danielepaolo, Apr 8, 2013

Danielepaolo wrote:

DebraR wrote:

Thanks again everyone.  I really don't want to go to a camera with a changeable lens as I know I will be tempted to add on (shopping problem) and I really don't have the funds.

One question about x10 (well maybe two), when folks say how fabulous the x20 viewfinder is compared to x10, what does that mean? Is the viewfinder on the x10 bad?  Also, how is the x10 with raw files?

Same viewfinder except the X20 has an overlay which gives you shooting information (aperture, iso etc.). It is difficult to be sure about focus confirmation.

Perhaps you should ask to see this persons JPG files who shot a X10 and X20 together. He provided a series of RAW only but says he shot JPG as well.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51172757

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

I've also uploaded some photos to my gallery that compare the JPEGS of the X10 vs X20.  I shot them using the Standard film simulation mode, as well as NegH (on the X20).  All sets were shot in manual with Noise Reduction set to -2.  Given that I prefer shooting JPEG and not shooting RAW, I'm leaning towards returning my X20 and hanging onto my X10 based on the straight OOC JPEGS I'm getting.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fuji addressed the X20 JPEG processing in future firmware updates, but I don't want to take the chance.  My fault for being an early adopter.  Otherwise I really love the LCD overlay, revised menu system, focus peaking and the PDAF (in good light) for FAST AF.  That being said, I never found my X10 to be slow with it's CDAF.  Hope this helps.

nicknd99's gear list:nicknd99's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow