Yxa
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800 resolving power
In reply to David Hull, Apr 8, 2013

David Hull wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

David Hull wrote:

But did you really need DxO to tell you this? I doubt it. The thing that I find surprising is how many people seem to be surprised to figure out that if you want to get the most out of a good imaging system, you have to use a good lens.

Yeah, sometimes common sense is just not that common.

What I found interesting was the observation that with a 'common set of lenses' the differences weren't that large. I would have a larger difference.

Regards, Mike

I found that interesting as well. If the DxO results are to be believed, then it would appear that the combination of the 5DIII and the "Trinity Kit" (Canon 16-35II, 24-70II and 70-200II) is essentially the same as the D800 e/w Nikon's equivalent kit. I guess that means that those particular lenses are somewhat better than the Nikon equivalents (according to DxO anyway). Probably not worth all the discussion it seems to be getting, but interesting none the less.

I guess we'll see if Nikon can crank out some improved versions of their classic triplet.

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

-- hide signature --

This is a long thread I don't know if someone has mentioned it that DXOmark has only tested the D800 with the old 70-200 VR (not the current VRII), they have not tested the 14-24 2.8 or the tele lenses 200/2 or 300/400/2,8 or 500/4 whereas the top score for the 5DIII was made with the equivalent super tele lenses. for example the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Yxa's gear list:Yxa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow