Nikon 85mm F1.8G I bought into the hype about how sharp it is. and " how its the best and sharpest"

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
tektrader
Contributing MemberPosts: 641Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not hype...
In reply to marike6, Apr 8, 2013

marike6 wrote:

As far as your lens, the sample image you posted is clearly mis-focused, so perhaps you actually made matters worse with AF micro adjust.  AF micro adjust should be used with care, and as a last resort.

Markus, did you read what I wrote? The last photo was taken with Live View at 1/400.

It wasn't misfocussed, no microfocus adjustment in Live View,..........       It isnt IN FOCUS. That is how this lens is.

Compared to your copy its obvious there is something wrong with it. Your photos where the most helpful part as obviously I am not getting that sort of result using my copy.

General comment for everyone, Not everyone that posts an issue is a goose and doesnt know how to use the equipment. If the focus was off or not microfocus adjusted correctly I would have seen it during my testing and done what was neccesary to fix it.  All my other lenses are pro grade and ARE VERY SHARP. I know what sharp is........

Unfortunately the assumption on DP review is the operator is the faulty one, and the equipment must be fine. You need to be careful assuming ANYTHING.

Fact is THIS LENS WILL NOT PEAK IN FOCUS REGARDLESS, In fact, the amount of CA it has, made the lens align ruler impossible to use.

So its going back as faulty.............................

Thanks

tektrader's gear list:tektrader's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow