Killed my d800e

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
hjaeger
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Killed my d800e
In reply to orchidblooms, Apr 8, 2013

Never nice to hear about camera's falling on the ground, but I'm pleased that your camera seemed to have survived the ordeal

As I use Acratech as well, I'm curious to understand a little more detail - I have had no previous concern or doubt about my camera being secure on my Acratechs (GP ballhead as well as the Panoramic head)

- Did the camera plate come out of the clamp? Or did the clamp come off the ballhead?

- In case the camera plate come out of the clamp, was the lever still in locked position? Or did it spring open?

I am always very cautious to ensure that the camera is locked in and stable before letting go of it, but that is from previous bad experience before investing in my Acratech gear - but it would be good to know if there are specific things to keep an eye on in the future

Thanks

hjaeger's gear list:hjaeger's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow