Does anyone care about moire?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Whalligeo
Regular MemberPosts: 245
Like?
Re: Does anyone care about moire?
In reply to sigala1, Apr 8, 2013

It seems a perfectly reasonable development to remove the AA filter in the pursuance of technical excellence, regardless of what the press have to say (most journos are blind anyway). Moire is kicking around in quite a few cameras, yet no one is making a fuss about that. The irony is that when the moire pitches up on an AA filtered camera that is supposed to remove the moire, its almost noticed, and yet when we have a camera the isn't supposed to remove the moire by way of AA filter, because it isn't fitted, it gets loads of attention.

All of the following have moire in the same part of the picture, some better, some worse. Most with AA filter.

D4, D600, D800, D800e, D3200, D5100, D5200, D7000,

Canon EOS 5D MkII, (bloody awful), Canon EOS 5D MkIII (same), Canon EOS 6D,

The best camera is the Pentax 645D (as a reasonably priced expensive camera), but I'm guessing that is not what folk are looking for, but it is a clear demonstration how good MF is.

Moire is a fact of life, and its going to be around for a while longer. But, there is a button for it.

-- hide signature --

They said it couldn't be done, so I encouraged my peers not to bother.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow