New to Fuji, not sure about the X20

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Viramati
Contributing MemberPosts: 569Gear list
Like?
Re: You'll love the JPGs from the old X100
In reply to AdamT, Apr 8, 2013

We can only hope

When the X100 came out it had some terrible faults most of which were operational and were soon sorted out with firmware updates so one would hope that this can be done with the X20. What stricks me as odd is that the RAW files are pretty good and I find that I can get good results converting with Lr4 but then I am used to do that. So it strikes me as strange the the OOC jpegs are so bad and I can't see why they couldn't get the in camera software to produce better results. The X100 is a fantastic camera with amazing IQ and a larger sensor size but it is limited to the 35mm equivalent lens (actually 23mm) but I traded it in when I got the X20 and that is because I am mainly a leica M user and with the new M coming I didn't need the X100 and could actually never get used to the the shallow DOF I got with the 23mm lens. I wanted the X20 as a small pocket camera for my less serious street work where IQ really isn't top of my priority list and speed of use is and thats where the almost instant autofocus of the X20 really beats the X100 (don't know about the X100s)

-- hide signature --

David
www.dpsampson.zenfolio.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/viramati/

Viramati's gear list:Viramati's gear list
RX100 III Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow