G5 curiosity has gotten the better of me....

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,952Gear list
Like?
Re: Remenber, the G6 is being announced in a couple of days.
In reply to captura, Apr 8, 2013

captura wrote:

jalywol wrote:

Well, apparently not til the end of April...and you know the price of it at start will be 799ish plus another 199 for the 45-150mm....so, instead, for $600 I get a good second body now, and the two lenses and a nice camera bag...and come out $400 ahead.  If I want to get a G6 when the pricing comes down around Christmas, then I can sell the G5 body if I wish, and probably get around $300 for it, which means I will lose very little on the deal if I go that way. Or, if they release a GX2 with a built in EVF, I could consider that...Or, if I decide I like the G5 enough to not want to upgrade for a while, then I come out even further ahead.

Not a bad set of options for a nice second body!

-J

One nice thing about is they are supposed to ship with the 14-42 II lens. Same with the GF6. Approx. US $680.

Yes, I agree, that is a much better sounding lens.  However, I rarely, if ever, use the 14-42 range lens anyway, as I prefer the 14mm prime or, if I am going to use a single lens option, the 14-140mm.  Mostly I just plan to keep the kit 14-42 for resale when I sell the body down the road, or to resell it by itself.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow