Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MisterPootieCat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,972Gear list
Like?
Looking for a wide screen monitor with no AG (anti-glare) filter
Apr 8, 2013

I'm looking for a monitor that does not use the AG filter, as much as I love my Dell U2412M the AG is just too strong for my tastes. I have to resort to turning out all the lights when using it for photo editing. I've seen a few videos where people have removed the AG, that might be an option if I felt confident with doing it myself.

My wife's older HP laptop has an LCD with an almost glass-like cover and I find the viewing experience to be much easier on my eyes and I honestly find the images have a certain pop to them that my U2412M lacks. I'd like to keep the cost under $400 but might be willing to stretch a little if the monitor really stands out. We were test driving a Samsung Note tablet recently (another glass-like display) and I was blown away by just how good my photos looked on it.

I'd like a monitor with a built-in USB hub, some type of card reader, height adjustable stand, cable management, support for DVI would be nice (my older video card doesn't have HDMI), and don't need the swivel option.

The ASUS PA248Q caught my eye, currently selling for about $330. ASUS doesn't mention what type of coating is on the panel.

TIA.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow