Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rob Sims
Contributing MemberPosts: 546Gear list
Like?
Re: Need a Non-Dorky Looking Camera Bag for NEX
In reply to dannytang, Apr 8, 2013

dannytang wrote:

+1 on the Passport Sling.

I currently have my NEX-5N with 35/1.8 mounted, along with the kit lens, 50/1.8 and 19/2.8 in the padded compartment. I also have spare batteries, spare SD cards, remote, flash, and EVF in the pockets.

+2 on the Passport sling.  Recently bought after seaching for ages for the right back.  Have a small cupboard filled with previous bag purchase which were close but always fell short somehow (eg. too small/large, no extra storage space, geekly looking - and hence thief attracting... etc)

I currently have 1x NEX-5N also with 35/1.8 and next to it a NEX-6 with 10-18/4.0, both side by side in the padded section at the front. Nice comfortable fit allows me to reach in and grab the required camera quickly and then replace without drawing attention to any expensive gear I might be carrying around.  The non-padded back section is perfect for storing stuff you generally have on holiday (eg. sunscreen, snacks) and can be expanded by unzipping the back to make space for say a jumper or raincoat.  The side pockets perfect for a folder up umbrella, water bottle and tourist map.  They are not secured with zips though, so don't go putting passports or wallets in there though!

Most of the reviews from Amazon are from people with single DSLR, but I find the size perfect for 2 small NEX.  If I get a chance later this week I'll take a photo showing the relative size compared to NEX cameras.

Rob Sims's gear list:Rob Sims's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow