new iMac

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,756
Like?
Re: new iMac
In reply to robodoc, Apr 8, 2013

robodoc wrote:

I only use the internal drive as a system drive. All my photos, music., etc are on external G-raid with removable swappable drives. Every week I rotate one out and keep offsite. I also have backup to cloud and to time machine. That way if there is a local disaster at home, I always have complete backup on hard drive off site, as well as cloud and time machine. I would never have all my files on just the internal drive or just one external hard drive in the same location. Just food for thought. The hot swappable drives from G-Raid have been magnificent so far; I have two units, each with 2 TB x2 drives, for total of 4TB external storage, with 3rd swappable drive for each unit. Pretty much failsafe!

-- hide signature --

Jeffrey H. Ferguson

Well, my internal drive is my master (3TB Fusion). Every 6 hours CCC mounts an external 3TB drive and updates the clone on it. Every week or so I swap the external drive with one off-site.

My old iMac is still at home and I use ChronoSync to keep my Aperture Libraries up to date on it as well.

Both iMacs are fully backed up with Crashplan.

Pretty much failsafe.

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow