G5 curiosity has gotten the better of me....

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,551Gear list
Like?
Re: G5 curiosity has gotten the better of me....
In reply to jalywol, Apr 8, 2013

jalywol wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Welcome to the club, you may find it a fun experience

Well, I really loved my GH2, so I am hoping this will be an improved, small, version of it.  (I was hoping they would have put the G5/GH2 sensor in the GF6, but they did not, so this seemed like the best option for the second body for me).

Best option if you disregard Olympus, that is. See, if you decide to stick with Panasonic and want the best m4/3 sensor you have to buy a huge Hulk's camera, which GH3 is, Panasonic won't give you any other option.

G5 may be a good enough camera but it's still DSLR-sized camera, Panasonic won't let you to have the same image quality in GF form factor. If you though about freedom of choice - forget about it, you chose your brand.

I am a happy owner of E-PL5 and I don't even know what to think about people seriously considering GF6 with image quality similar to GX1 but without hot shoe and for a price similar to E-PL5.

I'm looking forward to it!

I'm not:) But I'm sure you will enjoy it and you will be able to take great photos with it. Human's ability to adapt to various constraints can make wonders.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow