Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zvonimir Tosic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,097Gear list
Like?
Let's help Jim Malcolm
Apr 8, 2013

In the recent interview, in which a head of the Pentax Ricoh imaging USA talks about his learnings about Pentaxians and his visions about the future landscape of imaging industry, featured is a screen shot. It is a screen shot of the Facebook thread started to solicit public views and insight into personal desires of the Pentaxians. And the *very first* response in the thread reads: "when comes FF?".

Reflecting back to Jim's words in the interview, I'm not sure whether that was quite ironic, or hilarious.
And somehow, one cannot avoid a very likely conclusion that Jim Malcolm shows he wants to hear only that what he has in store to sell — and not what users would really like to see.

Maybe it is true he wants to hear only that people want more colourful K30s, more colourful Q10s. It reminds me of this Simpson episode (move to 1:00 min, please )

The Simpsons in Australia - YouTube

Marge: Can I just have a cup of coffee.
Bartender: Beer it is.
Marge: No, I said coffee.
Bartender: Beer ..
Marge: Coff .. ee
Bartender: Be .. er.

Our analogy would be something like this:

LET"S HELP JIM

In the same interview, Jim expressed a wish to talk to Pentaxians who have left the Pentax brand. Maybe you, who have jumped ships and read this thread, can add your comments below, or your detailed or short responses about why have you done that — switched to other brands.

It may give Pentax Ricoh USA some insights valuable for the future of those who still cling around. PF already does something similar, and I thought that perhaps our valuable members here can add something to it.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Pentax K-30 Pentax Q10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow