Very curious about the successor to SX50HS (SX60HS?)

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Byrna
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Very curious about the successor to SX50HS (SX60HS?)
Apr 7, 2013

I was checking Canon's new cameras and noticed that their newest Powershots, the SX 270 and 280 have a new DIGIC 6 processor AND can finally do 1920x1080 video at 60fps progressive! Until now, the best that Canon could do was 24 or 30p! So I'm very excited that the next superzoom, probably the SX 60HS will also have 60p full HD video! My parents have the SX40HS which I was very impressed with. I own the Sony HX100V and Sony still insists on being idiotic in its design and just simply jacks up the pixels without making the most needed improvements like a fully articulated LCD screen which Canon has had for years already!

So I might be selling my HX100V for the new SX60HS if it has the features I think (hope) it will have.  It looks like, though, that the successor to the 50HS won't come out until September 2013 because the 50 came out in Sept 2012.  But maybe we'll be lucky and get the 60 sooner, like in June, in time for the summer holiday season.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone. The reason I am so excited is because, in 2011, I tried two different small sensor 1/2.3" cameras, returned them, before finally getting the Sony. But I was very impressed with the image quality of the little ol' Canon SX230IS, but returned it due to choppy video at 24p.  Now, with 60p and a fully articulated LCD panel, and other features like a variable white balance, the new Canon should be the best small sensor super zoom yet.  Unless of course, Panasonic's successor to the FZ200 also has some amazing advancements.

Let's cross our fingers, those of us waiting to buy but who are not in a big rush.

John

Byrna's gear list:Byrna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow