Why Exposing to the Right (ETTR) is BAD! Part 2

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tan68
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,663Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Exposing to the Right (ETTR) is BAD! Part 2
In reply to f8BeThereToo, Apr 7, 2013

MrMojo wrote:

ETTR does not require using the camera histogram either; the camera exposure meter provides all the information one needs to adjust the exposure parameters when the subject calls for it.

This is a good point.  My previous camera needed +3 exposure when the spot meter was used on a bright part of the scene.  Is this the type of thing you are talking about?  The meter can tell you.  But, I think using the meter only requires a better understanding of your camera.

If the histogram wasn't available and I wasn't trying to ETTR, I would use a more conservative exposure.  Generally, I just try to be sure I don't have to raise exposure in PP; expose mostly right if not To the right..  Is this the type of thing you do?

Luckily, I do have time when I take pictures.  Well, not luck, I guess but it is convenient for me.  I don't often take pictures of things where I don't have time to take time.  Not having time to take time requires different methods, I imagine.  I know when I have tried to take pictures of animals, I learned it is not as easy as it might seem.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow