Major Problems with Olympus OM-D-E-M5!

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Questions thread
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,435
Like?
Re: Major Problems with Olympus OM-D-E-M5!
In reply to GDEllis, Apr 7, 2013

The settings for the black shots seem pretty off. The only time I've ever used a shutter speed of 4000 on my OMD was shooting directly at the sun during the eclipse last year, and they still came out black with one white dot. I had to lower the shutter speed or raise ISO to get anything that didn't look pretty much like the first two posted in this thread. I cannot think of any place I might be or anything I might shoot that I'd want that combination of settings.

Panasonic lenses on the OMD do require some CA fixing in lightroom but it is pretty easy to deal with, I love the 20 on my OMD.

If I were the gentleman who started this conversation I'd put the camera on I Auto for a bit, then other modes, and see what comes up. Maybe he just hasn't figured the camera out yet.

That said, I have had a few stray black frames in my 10 months with this camera, with many thousands of shots, but I have never been entirely sure they weren't my own doing (shooting with a lenscap on is guaranteed to give you a black frame).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow