Kerusker
Contributing MemberPosts: 736Gear list
Like?
Re: What happened to the XZ-10?
In reply to marike6, Apr 7, 2013

Markus,

marike6 wrote:

Kerusker wrote:

Since the XZ-10 talk and image postings have pretty much fallen off the map on this forum and elsewhere, I don't know what to think.  It's been available for weeks, is there some reason why the XZ-10 is not taking off?

Because of an attitude similar to your's?

Sorry that you only quoted this part of my post.  I myself have a similar attitude.

Some time ago I swore to me, never to be an early adopter again. If you find a failure of a new camera which isn't obvious, then you may have a hard time on a forum.

As I said: Why not buy it at a seller which allows for return or exchange. Then you can examine and test yourself.

This time I decided to buy the XZ-10 as soon as it was available at a dealer with good return policy near me. I tested the Pentax MX-1 shortly at a dealer but it is missing a feature which is important to me - I would have liked to buy it because I digitally switched from Olympus to Panasonic to currently Pentax (K10D, K-5).

I don't like to return a camera, but since the user is doing the final quality control for the manufacturer,  I don't feel guilty.

Shooting habit, camera handling (f.ex. no lens cap), other cameras owned make up for my decision much more than IQ in case of the XZ-10. If IQ is most important, I use my DSLR.

This is my second post about the XZ-10 ......

All your arguments are valid similarly for me.

I'm wondering why nobody is posting any images?  A couple of users in this forum posted some images and the user ChrisWal was kind enough to post a gallery filled with full-sized XZ-10, but nobody at all commented on the thread but me and thread pretty much died.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51215170

Currently I don't post XZ-10 images, because I'm learning. We have bad weather most of the time (very cloudy; I use vivid) and I go a certain path outside and I do similar shots for testing my cameras. These shot's aren't of any value for others.

The review site online have seemingly forgotten about the XZ-10 and the only articles that a Google search returns are "XZ-10 Previews".

Wait till the XZ-10 price is coming down at least 50 $ or EUR then much more info will be available (in 4 to 6 weeks I guess).

So I have to disagree about "my attitude". I really haven't been able to form an opinion about the XZ-10 because there is so little activity about the camera.

I didn't want to blame you for that - it's similar to my attitude (s.a.).

Cheers, Markus

Cheers

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow