What am I doing wrong here?

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
cyuill2007
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
Possibly Too Much Camera Shake or Subject Movement?
In reply to bgD300, Apr 7, 2013

I have often found when photographing birds that, even though a lens seems to have been focused correctly, the subject is still blurry. Birds often make small but fast movements that can lead to similar results seen in your first shot, although it is typically confined to certain parts of the body that move a lot, like the head. Also, the camera may have been shaken enough during the first shot to overwhelm the VR system, but was held steadily enough for the second shot to get a sharp shot. And, yes, it is even possible that when the camera is too still that the VR system can try to compensate for camera shake that isn't there, creating a blurred shot. I think you may need to do more bird shooting and look at the results you get under different circumstances to get to the bottom of this one.

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow