Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: Can the X20 be saved? :-)
In reply to 2eyesee, Apr 7, 2013

2eyesee wrote:

toto435 wrote:

For me, I will never buy the E-PL5 for ONE unique reason. Size. The body is small, but with the lenses, you have a thickness of what ? ~10 cm ?!

For ~600€, I can also have a Sony Alpha 35, a Canon EOS-650d, ect... But I will never look for that. Too big...

We want a compact camera ! Stop comparing cameras that are not "real" rivals...

Well there are at least 3 people on this thread (myself included) who have compared these 2 cameras as a purchasing consideration who would disagree with you.

All cameras are a matter of compromise, and size is only one of the factors one considers when selecting a camera.

The X10/X20 aren't exactly pocketable, so for me when I considered that with the E-PL5 I would just be carrying around a camera in a slightly bigger bag it wasn't a significant factor.

And that I respect. My needs are different, from the OVF to the aperture built-in to the retro to the mic accessory to that beautiful black box with that waxy matte yet shows a hint of gloss...

ooops, sorry.

The point is, we all have different needs and if one buys into one that you don't agree on does not make that person a misinformed dolt... That the others seem to be insinuating, which is kinda sad.

I'd rather they post some pix to show how well they use their gear. So far one just said my captures were "worthless"... I guess one critic is one critic.

I hope you get to decide what you will end up with satisfaction.

Liz.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow