Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,220Gear list
Like?
Good New - Bad News - Report from Istanbul
Apr 7, 2013

The good news is we are having an amazing time in Instanbul.  The people and the sights are wonderful.  The food is delicious.  And the place we are staying (Kuzguncuk on the Asian side) is incredible.  We take the ferry back and forth each day.  What a nice way to commute.

The bad news is my ZS15 has two humungous specks of dirt on the sensor.  Grrrr!!!!  Oh well, at least I have the LX5 with me and, I can fix most of the spots with Touch/Retouch on the ipad.  I guess it's the universe's way of suggesting that it may be time for a new ZS.  Or, I can try to get it cleaned with I get back, which is probably a cheaper option (even with it out of warranty).

I can't say enough about the value of hiring a guide to help get oriented to a completely unknown place.  We got together with her on Friday afternoon, after a day of our own exploration and it was incredible.  She took us to this roof top on the Egyptian market to hear muezzin for 22 mosques all over the city chant the call to prayer.  It was one of those unforgetable life experiences.

We have been exploring neighborhood by neighborhood which has been a really wonderful way to organize our daily trips into the main parts of the city.  But enough of the travel tips; on to the photos.  The first eight were taken with the LX5.  The last two with the ZS15 (before dust invaded my vacation).  

More to come.

Daniel

Aya Sofya

Blue Mosque

Inside the Aya Sofya

View from ferry at night.

View from the rooftop of the Grand Bazaar.

View from the rooftop of the Egyptian Bazaar.

Baklava anyone?

Tea vendor in local park.

Roasted chestnuts and corn.

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow