What happened to the XZ-10?

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerusker
Contributing MemberPosts: 728Gear list
Like?
Re: What happened to the XZ-10?
In reply to marike6, Apr 7, 2013

marike6 wrote:

Almost all of the images are product shots from Olympus, and the other few images are not really useful for judging IQ.

IQ can't be the main reason to get the XZ-10 because of it's small sensor. If IQ of the XZ-2 isn't better, then Olympus is doing something wrong.

Also you hardly can't compare individual XZ-10 shots to some other shots of it's competitors. So you have to wait for reviews which allow for direct comparison. And you may have to use original RAW files to be able to compare yourself. Out of camera JPGs already apply too many parameters to be comparable between different brands.

F.Ex.: Default setting for JPG compression on the XZ-10 is 'Fine'! You have to set it to 'Super Fine' yourself to get the lowest JPG compression (best JPG quality).

So my question is, why are there seemingly so few XZ-10 users and early adopters?  Is it the price or is the camera not as good a performer as people initially thought it would be?

Currently it's the price. XZ-10 + 50 EUR = XZ-2 (or similar from other brand).

I love the body design, the lens, and AF system but I still can't find many samples to help me make an informed decision.

Why not buy it at a seller which allows for return or exchange. Then you can examine and test yourself.

Since the XZ-10 talk and image postings have pretty much fallen off the map on this forum and elsewhere, I don't know what to think.  It's been available for weeks, is there some reason why the XZ-10 is not taking off?

Because of an attitude similar to your's?

Thanks and happy shooting, Markus

Same to you.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow