Can the X20 be saved? :-)

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
HL48
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Re: Can the X20 be saved? :-)
In reply to Nukunukoo, Apr 7, 2013

Nukunukoo wrote:

These are two different cameras with two different niches and form factors with each having their strength and weaknesses. They can be both configured to Lord knows how many more variables and all you people discuss is price?

... I'm sorry if I may sound lame, but I am so discouraged in this forum and I was expecting a higher standard of exchange but alas...

People have different wants. If you don't respect that, then please, go someplace else.

Liz

Please don't take anything here too seriously.

I bought a Canon S100 last year. I love the workmanship and I never look at the pixels of pictures I take. But compact as it is, it still stays home most of the time.  It never became that extension of myself that I want my camera to be. It just has me diving through too many menus to allow me to focus on the image I want to capture. A camera that works for you is a very personal thing. Sometimes people take personal things -- well too personally.

The most fun I had with photography was with a Canonet (around 1970). It had an analog meter needle visible in the rangefinder optics that indicated the f-stop. When you pressed the shutter release, a mechanism would trap the meter needle and use it to activate the diaphragm. I could compose, focus and shoot within a second or two. Much more fluid than with any camera I've used since. I can't tell you how excited I was when I heard about the Fuji X20 with shooting information again being visible in the finder window.

Harry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow