1.4 extender Mk 1 vs 11 or 111 and conundrum

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
juliemeikle
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Re: 1.4 extender Mk 1 vs 11 or 111 and conundrum
In reply to tigertails99, Apr 7, 2013

Thanks Schwany and tigertails 99.

schwany...not complicated at all....I understood it perfectly! I do not get af with the 100-400. I had the 1.4 to use on an EOS3 film camera a number of years ago and not relly used it since.

It is shifting to FF that makes me consider using it To "recover" some of the lost length

Tigertails99 , yes I see your point about keeping the 7d as I cannot afford a 500 or even 600 mm lens!

Hmm. I could then keep the EF-S 60 mm macro. I sold the 10-22 and my other lenses were EF so were were a good match ( better really than on the 7d)

Food for thought.Ii generally do landscape work, but I do birding and I am about to do a week workshop with Laurie Campbell in the Highlands of Scotland as I wanted to learn more. if I find I have any aptitude I will keep the 7d. I really do have way too much kit for a rubbish amateur.....

So, the 1.4 11 or 111 is a big improvement on the mk 1.?

juliemeikle's gear list:juliemeikle's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow