My week with the fuji X100 and its limititaions

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
stevenjames
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
Re: My week with the fuji X100 and its limititaions
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Apr 7, 2013

Definitely not a macro camera, you need a DSLR for that. I love it for what I bought it for, my go everywhere camera to get photo's that I'd otherwise miss/not take. Mostly that means I use the camera for snap shots of travel, vacation and everyday life.

I find it very usable. An f2 lens and an APS-C sensor overrules any negatives which for me is the poor focus performance at under 3 feet and not much of an issue with that. Yeah the aperture ring is a bit too close to the body but still this is not a camera meant for action/sports photography and I love the retro on the lens design for the aperture.

I pretty much use auto iso all the time and don't find myself needing to go through the menus very often (I also shoot raw only) but don't find navigating through the menus difficult.

Too each their own. I just thought I'd mention how much I really like this camera. I really love this case too:

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-LC-X100-Leather-Camera-Case/dp/B004MME698/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365309086&sr=8-2&keywords=fuji+x100+case

Steve

-
www.StevenJamesPhotography.com

stevenjames's gear list:stevenjames's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow