Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
olliess
Contributing MemberPosts: 874
Like?
Re: Advice for the thread starter
In reply to Martin.au, Apr 7, 2013

Mjankor wrote:

olliess wrote:

Right, so for a more fair comparison you can take the FF body and slow lenses, and then you get to take more of them also.

Not really. What's the point of investing in FF and then crippling it and throwing away its advantage. You can try, but m4/3s will still end up lighter.

The obvious reason is that I could buy a FF body and use fast lenses when I need them or slower lenses when I want to travel light. On m4/3 the choices are equivalent to slow lenses and even slower.

Trying to make the two systems equal seems silly to me. Each has different strengths and therefore each can work better than the other, depending on the situation. Trying to declare on camera better for all situations is a fools game, IMO.

You were the one who suggested that particular comparison. I've never argued in any of these threads that a single camera is better for all situations. It is possible however than one of the cameras covers more situations reasonably well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow