X Rite Color Passport and DPMx?

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
Senior MemberPosts: 3,256Gear list
Like?
Re: X Rite Color Passport and DPMx?
In reply to NancyP, Apr 7, 2013

NancyP wrote:

The XRite color passport program requires DNG input. I don't know whether you can get from X3F to DNG. The Spider colorchecker product doesn't require DNG input, will take .CR2 or .NX2 or whatever proprietary Bayer sensor RAW files, but doesn't support .X3F, apparently.

Just use a good gray card and zero within SPP? I am trying to understand this Sigma camera calibration conundrum as well, will be interested to see other responses.

I know that Adobe does a RAW to DNG to converter which I have used on SD9/SD10 files, so it should perhaps do SD14. However, it may not do SD15 or the subsequent Merrill X3Fs. The Adobe Labs site would tell you more. You'll need the Macbeth card to click in the profile editor for perfect results although you can also play with any DNG image to fiddle around with the colors (the end result is a profile .dcp, your image is not changed).

I once used it and the DNG profile Editor (both free) to re-create the infamous SD9 blue in a Nikon camera profile, just for grins.

Gray card should do it for WB I would have thought.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ted http://kronometric.org
SD9, SD10, EF-500, GH1.

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow