D600 vs D800

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 vs D800
In reply to petholla, Apr 7, 2013

I find the issue of spots on the sensor to be a bogus one.  All you have to do is to clean it off with a wet cleaner until you've taken 3000 or so images.  Then the problem goes away.

The D800 requires good lenses (check the Nikon Technical Guide for the D800).  Most Nikon lenses have a sweet spot at about f/4 to f/8.  Since I shoot at 100 ISO (that is where you have the maximum dynamic range of 14 f/stops).

If you are serious about photography and are graduating from DX to FX, I would get the D800.  You will eventually want to replace your DX lenses so that you can have lenses that give you the same perspective as the DX lenses.  I find that the 16-35mm Nikkor is very good with the D800.  Even the 24-120 works well.  I'll get a 24-70 Nikkor as soon as Nikon comes out with an AF-S version.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +50 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow