Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,888Gear list
Like?
Some advice needed
Apr 7, 2013

A while back, I sold my Canon 60D DSLR and all the lenses and accessories, as i felt my P&S collection made the DSLR unnecessary.  I've tried this a couple of times in the past and have always gone back to a DSLR.  This time around, I found I really needed a larger sensor camera; but went with a Sony SLT-A57 with the 18-135 and 55-300 mm lenses.

Now I find I have too many compact (fixed lens cameras) including a Canon S90, G15, and SD950IS, the Panasonic FZ150 and FZ200, and my wife's A710IS, which I can borrow.

The S90 and G15, and one of the FZ's has to stay; but which FZ?  The A710IS has to stay.  I like the SD950IS; but it is redundant to the S90 and G15.  So it probably goes, although it won't bring much - so I might give it to a grandkid.  And that brings us to the big question: which FZ do I sell?

The FZ200 has the faster lens and much better EVF, and I like it's ergonomics better.  However, the FZ150 works better with the TCON 17, has less noise at high ISO, and is the camera I took on cruises the last two years to use for whale watching, and to a granddaughter's graduation; where it performed brilliantly.  I did take the FZ200 to the Galapagos; but was disappointed in the yield of SOOC shots.  I saved a lot of them with PP; but the FZ150 had a higher yield on its whale watching trips and the graduation.  I'm very conflicted on this.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Canon EOS 60D Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma SD9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow