Olympus E-300 Best Macro equipment/results on a budget

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Questions thread
PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,640
Like?
Re: Olympus E-300 Best Macro equipment/results on a budget
In reply to garyroxene, Apr 6, 2013

Hello,

I came across a e-330 on eBay, bid-won and received the package. In another post here on this forum, "A Unexpected Camera Purchase" I described this transaction, as I also received a 14-54 mk1 lens included in the deal.

Well I have had a problem with this camera as far as Auto-focus. But the manual focus works just fine.

Here in my bunch of gear, is also a eBay 35mm Macro lens purchased cheap. It is in great condition, so last evening I put it on the e-330, manual mode, "B" live view and with the 10x magnification I took a picture of a penny.

The setup was a real quickie, taped the penny to a box with double sided tape, set it under the desk lamp, put the camera on the desk top, slide it back and forth for a rough focus and then focused with the 35mm Macro lens and its focus ring..

Not bad for a lash up setup. Picture below.

I originally bought this camera so that I could use my old Minolta Legacy lenses. I also have the Minolta Bellows unit and all the adapters, so more fooling around later.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow