Contituation of the Versatility thread

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,839
Like?
Re: Advice for the thread starter
In reply to danijel973, Apr 6, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

No, they are not. In fact, this versatility illusion is something that prevents some people from ever learning anything,

Not true, that is your opinion.

If you would explain this to him perhaps you could convince him an E PL1 and a 50 1.7 is enough even though that is not what the topic it about. Most pros do not buy mirrorless because they need the most versatile and the best tool.

Pros do not buy versatile tools.

Yes they do and they don't buy m4/3rds because it can neither be specific nor versatile.

I had my awakening regarding all this years ago, when I saw some real pro photographers at work. They are totally purpose-focused, to an incredible degree. They know exactly what they want to do and they fit equipment into their needs,

Yes, they have one pro camera, not  m4/3rds and the lens for the application.

That *is* the solution to his problem, yes.

And this is where you lost the last bit of credibility.

I said if I gave him your systems whatever they may be and the 1.7 or 1.4 lenses, he would be able to get the narrow dof just like your images without having to buy extension tubes.

Yeah, and if a pine were an elm it wouldn't have needles.

If he actually had any experience with real cameras, real lenses and real photography, I wouldn't be sending him to read books and learn.

But since you are proclaiming to be the expert on these things and why we don't need FF, perhaps you can help me.

This is the point where I stopped paying attention.

Because you can't answer the question. Sorry, you know less then the OP in my book

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow