Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,594
Like?
RX1--Found a better soft release
Apr 6, 2013

For those who are using a soft release or are considering one, this may be of interest.  I had been using the Match Technical Bip on my RX1 and found it to be helpful, yet somehow unsatisfactory.  For one thing, it has a tendency to unscrew itself from the shutter release, but more importantly, I never felt that I had good control of the release, because my finger was not well seated on the Bip.

So, last week, on a whim, I ordered the Abrahamsson Minisoft from Popflash.com.  Big improvement.  The Minisoft fits perfectly on the RX1, and it seems more firmly screwed in.  More importantly, it is functionally superior for two main reasons:  Firstly, it has a broader, flatter surface, so your finger has a larger area of contact, and secondly, it is slightly taller than the Bip, which places your finger at a more favorable angle.  The only potential downside is that the Minisoft may be more prone to accidental depression with drainage of the battery, but this is something that you have to watch for with any soft release.

Here is where I bought mine:  Popflash--Minisoft Release

Rob

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow