Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Leica gets it. / AF.
In reply to Rol Lei Nut, Apr 6, 2013

Rol Lei Nut wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

They should make a Leica M with AF, but that is almost impossible, they had to make a new lens line. And give up on tradition.

Why should they adopt AF?

My point of view is still that manual focus is better than autofocus, => when it's very well implemented.

Leica traditionally implemented manual focus on their film cameras at the highest level: the Leicaflex SL & SL2 have the best focusing of any MF SLR ever (sorry Olympus OM-4 fans!), and the M series was at or near the top for RF focusing (won't get into the Contax vs. Leica or similar debates).

Personally, in 90% of situations, I'd gladly do without AF, =>IF MF was well implemented. Unfortunately, that isn't the case of m4/3 cameras so far, so AF is currently and unfortunately almost a necessity.

Sort of. My eyes are getting soft, so CDAF is much better than any MF for me. My days of microprism focusing spots are long gone.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow